Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tuesday's Ramblings

Alright well here I am in an exciting yet scary part of life. At the present time I am unemployed and that scares the shit out of me but on the other hand it's also exciting to know that I have an opportunity to really go out and figure out what the hell I want to do with my life. I think I already know exactly what I want to do (and it's not becoming a poker pro) and that is becoming an athletic recruiter. This is kind of a cool job and for me I think it is ideal. What I would do is go check out Student Athletes in High School's and get them ready for the next level (which would be a university/college athletic scholarship). I have played all kinds of sports and I have a knack for finding talent and I think this would be an ideal gig for the kid. Now the only problem is finding a company that has openings and getting hired. I think for me the hardest part is going to get that interview but I know once I'm in the interview I'll have a damn good shot at getting the job. Not that I'm great at interviews but when there is something that I really want and know about I can get the job done. So I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to come across something eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later! Hopefully one of my fans who checks out this blog can hook the kid up haha. Not likely but I thought I'd throw it out there.

So these last couple of days I've been cruising the internet looking for jobs and fuck its hard. I mean most of the places I look send you right to recruiting companies. I don't want to know about the recruiting company I want to know what the company I might end up working for is all about. Does anyone else have a problem with this? Or is it just me?

Just in case you all are wondering I am still on my online poker hiatus. I have taken a bit of a beating of late on bullshit and I'm having a little boycott on the issue at the present time. I am sick and tired of getting fucking rivered and so I thought I'd take some time off from the Pokerparty and get back to it in about a week.

Reasons to allow drinking at work
The below are valid reasons as to why drinking should be allowed at work. If you use them wisely, you may even be able to convince your boss into allowing alcohol.

1. It's an incentive to show up.

2. It reduces stress.

3. It leads to more honest communications.

4. It reduces complaints about low pay.

5. It cuts down on time off because you can work with a hangover.

6. Employees tell management what they think, not what management wants to hear.

7. It helps save on heating costs in the winter.

8. It encourages carpooling.

9. Increases job satisfaction because if you have a bad job you don't care.

10. It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.

11. It makes fellow employees look better.

12. It makes the cafeteria food taste better.

13. Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are wasted.

14. Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.

15. If something does something stupid on the job, it will be quickly forgotten.

Thanks for checking out the kid's blog. Remember this post was brought to you by the party poker bonus code 20BR.

If you found "Tuesday's Ramblings" interesting, please share it with others by bookmarking it at the following sites:

Bookmark Tuesday's Ramblings at del.icio.us Digg Tuesday's Ramblings at Digg.com Bookmark Tuesday's Ramblings at Spurl.net Bookmark Tuesday's Ramblings with wists Bookmark Tuesday's Ramblings at Simpy.com Bookmark Tuesday's Ramblings at NewsVine Blink this Tuesday's Ramblings at blinklist.com Bookmark Tuesday's Ramblings at Furl.net Bookmark Tuesday's Ramblings at reddit.com Fark Tuesday's Ramblings at Fark.com Bookmark Tuesday's Ramblings at blogmarks Bookmark Tuesday's Ramblings at YahooMyWeb

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how come the kid is unemployed! want a job in belfast..hahaa..

shep

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

b